Hello all! Many of you have expressed interest in applying for a YLA Staff position; YLA has interest in you as well! Please look over the requirements for Staff and follow the given instructions to complete your application.
- Applicants must be returning high school students.
- Applicants must be eligible to graduate or have already graduated their Associate year.
- Applicants must complete this application no later than Monday, March 6th, 2017.
Responsibilities of Staff
- YLA Staff work primarily behind the scenes to secure sponsorships and create connections with YLA and the community.
- Staff also works alongside Fundraising Chair and Treasurer in order to execute fundraisers.
- You are expected to attend meetings held by the Vice President tentatively scheduled for around 4:30-6:00 PM on the day of Youth Board Meetings (Wednesdays during Spring and Summer, Mondays during Fall and Winter); every 2 weeks. On weeks when you will not be meeting in person, you are expected to meet online and check in via Skype or Google Hangouts.
Specific Staff Roles
- Photographer (Requirements: At least 1 yr. of experience with photography) - Camera must be at least DSLR
- Takes pictures at every event and posts them on Facebook the following night.
- Works with Board to create an interactive media platform for community engagement
- Time commitment: 3-4 hours / week
- Sponsorship Coordinator (Requirements: Proficiency in Excel and Word) - Must be a "people-person"
- Fundraising opportunities
- Sponsorship solicitation
- Donation solicitation
- Throughout the year, the sponsorship coordinator works alongside the YLA Treasurer to pitch YLA to local organizations for funding directly for the YLA program
- Time commitment: 3-5 hours / week